Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Thursday 20 August 2009

@ the Park (2)

I went to see Rodney Bailey's @ the Park exhibition today. Rodney writes that:

"This collection of work summarises an evolution and a virtual marker from faithless to faithful. Here I visualise a spiritual renaissance in myself and my local environment. Having used parks as a short cut to another place, as a setting to pass time or to check out the passing trade.

This exhibition displays an alternative to the way I engage with these same spaces. Documenting these settings I have provided the viewer with an insight to my past activities.

The pictures are of parks in the two mile radius of Camberwell, each have a specific viewpoint depending on the time, the subject and the location. The pictures each aim to take the viewer and allow them to become actively engaged in each picture. On close examination some pictures reveal a fantasy world of witches, faces, fairies and goblins. The views shown encompass light, colour, definition and intensity.

The @ the Park exhibition has cemented me from wishful to faithful in a quote from the writings of Nichiren Daishonin, founder of Nichiren Buddhism: If a tree is deeply rooted, its branches and leaves wil never wither. If the Spring is inexhaustible, the stream will never run dry. Without wood, a fire will burn out. Without earth, plants will not grow. Nichiren is like the plant, and my teacher, the earth."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi.

No comments: